Link to UEG site: https://ueg.eu/opportunities/career-development/rising-star-awards
This prize is awarded each year to the most promising, emerging scientists.
It provides a durable platform for these young researchers to further evolve their professional career. Awardees are jointly selected by the National Societies Committee and the Scientific Committee based on a track record of international quality research and developing scientific independence.
Apply for Rising Star Awards 2021 by September 10, 2020.
- Basic, translational and clinical scientists at any level (but a full professor title will not be accepted)
- Applicants must be max. 40 years of age or younger (born September 10, 1980 or later; add two years to age limit per child as main carer).
- Country of residence must be Europe and/or a country bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
- Candidates must be supported by a UEG Member Society
- Candidates may apply maximum 3 times for the Rising Star Award.
How it works
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and carefully read the application criteria and process
- Download and complete the application form
- Download the society support confirmation template (to be completed and signed by the supporting society)
- Submit the completed forms via the online application (open June 2 – September 10, 2020)